Monday, August 31, 2009

Movin' on up

Hadley has recently moved up to eating other foods besides breast milk and rice cereal. Her first venture was to carrots. She seemed to have no problems with these. Since it was her first experience with a different flavor, she smacked her lips some trying to get used to the new taste. Next on the list was sweet peas. She immediately had a negative response to the peas. I must say that I can't really blame her- those suckers smell terrible! Jared and I got a kick out of her facial expressions. She would close her eyes and shake her head. She would thrust her tongue, or just let the peas sit in her mouth. But our absolute favorite was when she would actually drum up a gag reflex. Poor baby! We actually had to end up chasing the peas with breast milk so she would eat them! After a few times, we gave up and fed her bananas. OOhh boy did she like those. She must take after her mommy; I don't like peas either. Anyone else have a food that their child didn't like?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carson loved his sweet peas but hated green beans and any meats. Hopefully she find a veggie she loves!

Karla and Edmond Long said...

I don't know if this will help, but my mom gave me this advice (she had to do it with me) and it works wonders for Riley. If he doesn't like something (like his green veggies), I can get a spoonful of it and dip it into a fruit. This works every time for him. I still get him to try it for a few bites and then I'll dip it into the fruit if needed. Just an idea!

Anonymous said...

Luke hated peaches!! He liked sweet potatoes. Good luck!

Shawn and Natalie said...

Davis is not a fan of peas either! I take a small amount of peas and put a little fruit(pears/applesauce) with it. He eats it right up!