Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hadley's first road trip

Hadley and I decided it was time to take a road trip to see Karla and Riley in Pineville. I was a little nervous about taking the baby by myself, but I wasn't about to miss a chance to see Karla and Riley, so we ventured out, said some prayers, packed up all the necessary baby attire and equipment, and hit the road. The Lord definitely answered my prayers because my sweet little angel slept the whole way to Pineville!! Thank you Lord! We arrived about 11:00 am. We had lunch and visited and swam for a little while and then played and visited some more. Hadley and Riley got along well. It was great to see them together. CAn't wait until the next visit! We had lots of fun! The ride home went well too, until we got to Baton Rouge during rush hour on a Friday afternoon. She did well, but I was about to go crazy from the traffic and road construction. Overall, a great first road trip!

1 comment:

Karla and Edmond Long said...

We had such a great time too! I am going to post a few pics on our blog as well. She is just adorable and I am glad the road trip went so well. Maybe she was born to be a traveller (Jared will love that!!)!