Monday, July 5, 2010

I am back!

Whew! We are finally in our new house. I have been without computer access for a month, but we are back up and running. We are so glad to be in the house. We have almost everything unpacked and put up. There are always those few boxes that you have no clue where to put the things in them, so I opted to put those away in the upstairs bonus room for now along with all my home decor until I can find them a home. We are really enjoying being out in the country. We have been able to watch a fourth of July fireworks show, burn garbage in our back yard, and walk to our mailbox located at the end of our driveway. These are things that we couldn't do at our old house (in the city;) ). We can also walk next door to Grandma and Paw Paw's which is wonderful! I will try to post pics soon- as usual I am behind on downloading. Funny how I have no problem taking millions of pics - I just slack when it comes to getting them onto the computer!

Hadley Kay is a little over 16 months now. I can believe how fast she is growing. She keeps us laughing with her funny faces and new words. She says "Woww" and "oooohhh" when she sees something that she likes. She really draws the words out which makes it really cute. She loved swimming lessons and went underwater . I think the lessons helped me as much as her. I learned to take her under without freaking out. By the end, she was sitting on the side of the pool and jumping in to me. I was really proud. She still loves books and rocking her babies and her stuffed animals and plays well on her riding toys. She finally made it to 20 lbs, so we were able to turn her around in her car seat.

Last week we had a small scare and had to spend the night at the hospital. Summation: We think it was just really, really bad gas.... little miss had a six pack! She was crying hysterically and her breathing was shallow, she would not eat or drink anything. After a trip to the pediatrician's office and the ER, they kept us overnight for observation in case it was a more serious condition common in kids her age called intussisseption. She was back to her old self before we admitted her so we were relieved that she was okay. She proved that she was feeling better by staying up most of the night running around in the crib, which wouldn't have been that bad except for the fact that she was hooked up to an IV and kept getting tangled in the IV tubing. Needless to say, Jared and I did not get very much sleep that night. But all is well and we are so grateful she is back to her spunky little self! I hope to try to do better keeping up with the blog. However, I go back to work in August so I won't have much extra time, so we shall see! Not sure I am ready to go back to work just yet, but too bad... I have to go anyway!!

2 comments:

Karla and Edmond Long said...

So glad that she is ok!!! How scary! Hopefully that will be your one and only ER visit with her for awhile!!

Tori said...

You won't believe this...but brad put up a mantle in your house! And we've been stalking it ever since. Seriously, we are going to build at some point and are collecting ideas. We came and walked around it and looked in the windows one weekend b/c he liked the layout so much. So perhaps one of these days we can officially see the finished product from the inside! Congrats :)