Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mommy moment

Well, I did it. I left my baby girl in the nursery at church for the first time. I cried and she didn't. Go figure. I decided to join the mom's bible study at our church. This is just one of the many perks of being a stay home mom. You actually have time for this kind of thing! The devil was doing his best to keep me from going. Here is how the morning went: I got up before Hadley and got dressed. I was opening her sweet potatoes when the top caused the sweet potatoes to fly all over my shirt! AHH! So I tried to keep my cool and press on. I changed my shirt and continued getting her food ready. Then she wakes up, so I go to pick her up to change her and .. yep.. you guessed it .. a big nasty diaper... you know the kind that leaks out the side....yuck... so I take off all my clothes so as not to get them soiled and proceed to bring my little princess to the tub where we wash her off. We get the funky clothes into the wash, and I put her in her diaper and a bib to feed her then we get her dressed and ready to go. Needless to say we were fifteen minutes late, but God gets the win!! I fed her the bottle for the first part of the study and then decided that I needed to let go and bring her to the nursery. I have been building up to this moment. It is so hard for me to leave her because I have never left her with anyone else except family. I began to tear up as I handed her over, but she was fine with it. They took good care of her and I cried for a little while in the lobby then got myself together and went back in. Win for mommy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you did it. It was tough the first time I left Carson. How is it that these little people can make us mom's so emotional.

The Tylers said...

And you will have many more of those moments indeed! You just have to "roll with it" and it seems like you've already learned that! Wait until you add another little one to the picture. Those mommy moments just get a tad more interesting!!! Glad you are taking her to the nursery...it's good for both of you:)

Anonymous said...

What a good mommy...tears of love!!

megan kelly said...

michelle... thanks for making today happen. it was so great to spend time with you guys. as always, my heart was filled and it really is awesome to look what God's done. praying for you and your sweet family. i love you.